A quick walk through our background
Siriraj Hospital, Faculty of Medicine has been at the forefront among medical institutes in Thailand ever since its establishment by King Rama V in 1888. Through its operation spanning more than 100 years, the institutes has gone through several historical events from the setup of medical school curriculum in 1890 and now becomes one of the best medical service providers in region, recognized both domestically and internationally for its expertise in various area of medicine and know for it largest number of service provide per year, bed capacity and the size of staff employee.
The Thai- German Endoscopic Training Center (TG –MET Center) was established in 2000 by four gynecologists namely Prof. Emeritus Pongsakdi Chaisilwattana, Asst. Prof. Kovit Pimolpan, Assoc Prof. Amphan Chalermchockcharoenkit, Assoc. Prof. Korakot Sirimai and Prof. Dr. Hans Rudolf Tinneberg.
The Training center received support endoscopic equipments from Dr. h.c. mult. Sybill Storz. The TG- MET center has been a very productive and instrumental in providing endoscopic training for Thai doctors and international participants. In 2007 The Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital supported to renovate and expand the training center to be International Thai- German multidisciplinary Endoscopic Training Center which was the host for 1st International TSGE – APGE workshop (in collaboration with Thai society of Gynecologic Endoscopists and Asia Pacific Association for Gynecologic Endoscopy and Minimally Invasive Therapy) on August 1-3, 2007. On this occasion, Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn has presided over for the opening ceremony.
In 2011, Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn adopted Thai – German Multidisciplinary Endoscopic Training Center to be under her royal patronage.